never take life seriously,
no one gets out alive anyways.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Writing for the sake of living



There is no expiration date stapled to out foreheads, the amount of time we spend on this earth is never definite. Today could well likely be your last.

"In Ancient Greece it was a practice of philosophers to keep a human skull on their desk. The idea was; only with a constant awareness of or impending death can we appreciate our lives."
- Catacombs
I have heard so many ways to live: for every second, for every day, for every memory, for the future, for the past. But when it all comes down to it, there is only one way to live your life. Live it for yourself, do what you want to do. Live how you want to live. It is your life. I will admit that times get hard, but that is when you remind yourself that tomorrow is a new day and another chance to wake up at peace in a sea of ease.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! The way you express yourself through words is delicious!

J said...

Hey there Buddy! Haven't commented you in such a long period of time and I apologize that I haven't. I must say though I'm glad I didn't. It allowed me another opportunity to be joyfully reminded at your astounding ability to draft amazingly expressive prose. I must say I agree with "Nazim" that you're writing is beautiful however though I've used countless adjectives myself in attempt to truly express an appreciation of your writing I don't believe I've ever used the word "delicious" myself :) However once again I must agree with the comment before my own in the statement that your writing is in fact 'Delicious' and if I may go so far as to say gripping. Delicious, to me, in the sense that I find myself, as well as many others I'm sure, to have a tendency to (forgive the phrase)"Eat it all up' when it comes to the subject matter of your expressions. I find myself, as I've said to you before, almost comfortable with everything you write, as if I know you. I know that in the literal meaning I do not "know" you, but rather your thoughts. As , again, Ive once said to you before, to me it's as if you write about things that I, myself, find Ive thought about before and assume perspectives which I've already taken and if not already find that I agree with after. Gripping because you write what is relevant to your life and the experiences which that life has taken you through. You're a powerful writer. Even in so simple a place as a blog, that much is clear. Still tuned for the next installment of that very interesting life of yours,
James

DeeDee said...

I completely agree. ♥

ecitak said...

This is overdue but you intrigue me. I really do like your blog, the way you speak your mind is very interesting and different from most. And also, your about me is entertaining. I am not sure what else to say other than you made my day (-=

West Eastman said...

You commented on one of my friend's blogs & I thought I'd check you out. I'm glad i did. You're writing is amazing. you have a ridiculous voice that comes through so easily. It's all very easy to relate to but put in terms most would never have thought of. bravo!